Nails are as important as our skin and hair and require proper attention. For a man, nail care means cutting short their nails. Being a man, I can tell a lot of us think that treating our nails right is a girly thing.
But I don’t see a reason why people have a stereotype about the whole situation. I mean, what’s so wrong with maintaining your nails? Keeping nails clean is basic hygiene. You don’t have to be a fashion expert or an influencer to know how to treat your nails. All you need to know is how to treat your nails faster and effectively.
Steps to Groom Nails
- The nails are filled with grime and dirt, so the first step is to get rid of the impurities stuck inside the innards. Take a bowl of heated water and add a teaspoon of bleach. Soak your nails for 5-10 minutes. The bleach helps to swat the dirt hidden in the nails.
- The next part is cuticle handling. You need to be very gentle while cleaning the cuticle area. Scrap off the damaged skin and uniformly shape the nail. The cuticle is very sensitive so take extra care. A cutover cuticle could be a disaster.
- Use the cuticle pusher to clean out the remaining dirt lurking around the bed area of the nail.
- It’s time to trim. Gently use a nail trimmer to cut the nails down. Don’t cut it down too short, trim it to the point it looks neat and clean. Use a nail filter to perfect your trimmed nails. Grind down the nails and shape the edges.
- If you have a dry or brittle nail do use a good cuticle or hand cream. This keeps your nails moisturized and treats the damaged dry skin tissues around your cuticle.
- Do make a routine for nail care every week and dedicate 20-25 minutes to grooming your nails.
For every man, I hope grooming nails isn’t a laughable topic anymore. To maintain proper hygiene and health it’s crucial to have neat and clean nails. Taking care of nails is as important as maintaining your hair, as nails say everything about you.
Leave a Reply